In addition, all inorganic material is packaged and removed from the reserve regularly, the organic material is used as fertilizer. Our belief in true eco-tourism is intended to make your stay as comfortable as possible while at the same time preserving the beauty of the Cuyabeno Fauna Production Reserve for the future.
Jamu Lodge has a purchasing policy, which bases its criteria on responsible products with the environment, minimizing unnecessary packaging and prioritizing returnable packaging, reducing waste production. Our waste is classified in a garbage separation system, with 3 strategic points within our facilities.
Prepare For Your Trip to the Amazon
What to Bring:
- Several T-shirts
- Long-sleeved shirts for mosquito protection
- Shorts and long trousers for jungle hikes
- 1 warm sweater or jacket for colder rainy days
- 1 pair of tennis shoes, 1 pair of sandals
- Swimwear / Sun protection (hat or cap, glasses, sunscreen)
- Insect repellent
- 1 flashlight per person and some spare batteries
- 1 day backpack / Small amounts of money for handicraft purchases
- Original Passport or ID
- Camera, binoculars